PRE-PROFESSIONAL BALLET SCHOOL
For aspiring dancers ages 7 & Up
Currently consists of 7 levels. Each student is evaluated and placed into the level where she/he will benefit most from their classes. Classes consist of ballet, pointe, variations, partnering, contemporary, modern, strength and stretch.
AI Ballet - Wednesday: 4:15-5:30 & Thursday: 6:45-8:00
AII Ballet - Tuesday: 4:15-5:45 & Wednesday: 6:30-8:00 Strength & Pre-Pointe - Tuesday: 5:45-6:45
BI Ballet - 4:15-5:45 & Tuesday: 5:45-7:15,
Beginner Pointe - Tuesday: 4:30-5:30
BII Ballet - Monday: 5:45-7:15 & Friday: 4:15-5:45
Pointe 1 - Friday: 5:45-6:45
CI Ballet - Monday: 7:15-8:45 & Thursday: 4:15-5:45
CI Variations - Monday: 8:45-9:30
Pointe 2 - Thursday: 5:45-6:45
CII-D Ballet - Tuesday: 7:15-8:45, Thursday: 6:45-8:15, Thursday: 8:15-9:00, Saturday: 10:00-11:30, Saturday: 11:35-12:35
- Students must adhere to every aspect of the dress code, with no exceptions.
- Eyeglasses are not permitted in Pre-professional School level All and up for safety concerns.
- Leg warmers or warm-ups are not permitted during class. Skirts may be worn in center work only.
- Please purchase dance items at a reputable dance store such as Stage Center in Akron or Dancers Pointe in Stow. Target or other stores do not sell quality dance products.
- No jewelry except 1 pair of small stud earrings. No multiple piercings, visible body piercings, hoops, dangle earrings or watches.
- Flesh or nude-colored nail polish only.
- No underwear under tights
- Bras must be hidden under leotards.
Girls wear class-level leotard and pink convertible tights. Black canvas shoes for dancers in AI Ballet through BII Ballet. CI Ballet and up may wear pink ballet shoes.
- AI - Bubblegum Pink
- AII - Baby Blue
- BI - Lilac Purple
- BII- Mallard
- CI - Hunter
- CII - Navy
- D - Wine
Ballet Boys wear white or black dance shirts, black men’s tights or leggings, white socks and black canvas spilt sole shoes.
- Girls hair must be in a classical ballet bun, no bangs or colored hair.
- Boys hair trimmed neatly away from face and collar. No razor designs or colored hair
Please consider donating any lightly used shoes, dance shirts, or new tights.
"My daughter loves ballet because of EID! She began at 3 years old and has continued over the past 8.5 years loving each day she spends at EID. She has exceptional teachers that help her develop and grow as a dancer. There is no better place to learn ballet than Excellence In Dance. I highly recommend this studio to anyone! "