Dress Code for Excellence in Dance
- Pre-School level dancers should wear their hair in pigtails.
- All other dancers should wear their hair in a classical bun.
- Professional school dancers may not wear bangs.
- Short hair may be pulled back with an elastic headband.
- Jazz, tap and hip-hop dancers may wear their hair in ponytails.
- Boys hair trimmed neatly away from face and collar.
- Ballet Community School Girls are to wear black leotard, pink tights, and pink ballet shoes. Colored leotards and skirts may be worn the last class of each month ONLY.
- Pre-Professional School Girls wear color appropriate leotards of current class level or black leotard. During make-up classes you are to wear the leotard color of YOUR current class level, not the class you are making-up in. Pink tights and ballet shoes(see below). Dancers may wear skirts in center work only. Pointe classes may wear colored leotards. The class level leotard colors are as follows
- AI – Light Pink
- AII – Light Blue
- BI – Light Purple
- BII – Mint Green
- CI – Dark Green
- CII – Navy
- D – Burgundy
- Jazz, tap and hip-hop girls may wear colored leotards or formfitting dance shirts (no bare midriffs), black jazz pants or Capris.
- Boys wear white or black dance shirts, black tights, white socks and black CANVAS ONLY shoes.
- Jazz, tap and hip-hop boys may wear solid color dance shirt and black jazz pants or sweatpants.
- Ballet: AI, AII, BI, BII – black canvas
CI, CII, D – pink leather ballet shoes
- Community School Ballet: pink leather ballet shoes
- Tap: black tap shoes
- Hip-hop: black dance sneakers
- No jewelry except for small stud earrings pierced in bottom of ear lobes. No hoop or dangle earrings. No multiple piercing or body piercing to be worn in classes.